The Rent Stabilization Division administers and enforces the City's Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO). All multifamily rental properties, two or more residential units, are subject to the RSO unless expressly exempted by BHMC§§ 4-5-102 or 4-6-1.
If you are interested in receiving regular updates from the Rent Stabilization Division through email, please follow the instructions below to create an account and add your email address to the mailing list:
- Go to the Beverly Hills E-Notice Landing Page;
- Create an account or log in to an existing account;
- After account has been created and you have logged in, go to the “e-Notices” section and subscribe to the BHRent group.
If you have any questions or would like to report a violation of the RSO, please call the Rent Stabilization Division at (310) 285-1031.
DEPARTMENT NEWS & UPDATES
Maximum Annual Rent Increase
2024 ANNUAL REGISTRATION
The Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO) requires housing providers to register eligible rental units with the City of Beverly Hills (the City). Some information is required from all registrants, such as ownership details and number of units. For most owners, additional information including rent amounts is required.
On January 2, 2024, the City will mail a notice to housing providers notifying them of the requirement to register. Housing providers must register within 35 days of this mail date. Failure to register may include penalties including but not limited to fines of up to $500.00 per unit.
Follow the steps below to register:
- Visit http://bhrent.beverlyhills.org
- Create an account or login with information from the previous registration period:
- Returning Owners or those who have an account through a change of ownership amendment: enter the email address associated with the account from prior registration years (or change of ownership amendment). If you forgot the email you registered with contact the Rent Stabilization Program. If you forgot your password please follow the directions on the website.
- New Owners: enter Assessor Identification Number (AIN) and BHRent Personal Identification Number (PIN) referenced at the top of this notice.
- Register Rental Units
Please contact staff to schedule a phone appointment or for any other question:
Phone: (310) 285-1031